Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered fails when launching with the error "Out of memory error. You are probably low on disk space. (12)"
This error also occurred in the previous game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
- Download the players2 rar file.
- Extract it to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered folder (Can be found by pressing
Optionsin the Battle.net Launcher and clicking
Show in Explorer
- Go to your Battle.net Account and login, if not already
- Open up the developer tools in your browser (Usually by pressing F12)
- Go to
Application -> Local Storage -> https://account.blizzard.com/(Varies from browser to browser)
accountId. Copy it.
- Go into the
players2folder extracted in step 2.
- Rename the directory called
accountIdwith the ID you copied in step 6.
- Start the game. Press
Noto starting it in safe mode as well as when prompted to reset settings.
Note, there are other ways to do this, such as restarting the computer in safe mode with networking, start the game and set it to windowed mode. The above approach is, however, easier and quicker to do.
Safe mode with networking also disables wifi, so it would not work unless you are cabled.